Re: AW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Image: Re: Pi - Windows GUI

  • Adrian
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
      Will do Sigi

      regards

      Adrian ... vk4tux

      -----Original Message-----
      From: siegfried jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...>
      To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: AW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Image: Re: Pi - Windows GUI
      Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:44:38 -0000

        Hello adrian ... if you got the copy would you please inform the
      group/announce a link???

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

    • Rick Simpson
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
        This is what I had hoped to see with the advent of the Pi. A totally standardized, inexpensive hardware base with equally inexpensive standard software-on-a-chip that makes it possible for plug-and-play no-brainer software installation, backed up by a solid technical community. Yes, I know that some Linux entheusiasts will point out that installation and configuration is where the fun is, but some of us just want to actually operate new (or old) technology without giving up a significant part of their life to make it work! Goodatcha Brian!

        Rick
        K3IND

        > I'd be happy to host the image on my webserver,
        > if you can send etc please?
        >
        > regards
        >
        > Adrian ...

        Thank you, I will get a copy to you when I return home in a day or so. No one we left at home knows Linux, they are all Windows users so I can't ask then to retrieve it.

        73
        Brian

      • vk4tux
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20, 2013
          I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2
          > VNC
          > > servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a
          > > webserver.

          > > 73
          > > Brian
          > > G8OSN/W8OSN