Image: Re: Pi - Windows GUI

  • kt4wo
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17 4:33 PM
      Would love to have a copy!

      Trip - KT4WO
      kt4wo67@...

      > I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2 VNC
      > servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a
      > webserver.
      >
      > You are welcome to a copy, I can make a zip available when I return home
      > (currently in my "RV"). There are already copies circulating in the USA.
      >
      > 73
      > Brian
      > G8OSN/W8OSN
    • Ronny Julian
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 18 12:50 AM
        I would as well.  Thanks!
        Ronny
        K4RJJ

        On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:

        Would love to have a copy!

        Trip - KT4WO
        kt4wo67@...

        > I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2 VNC
        > servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a
        > webserver.
        >
        > You are welcome to a copy, I can make a zip available when I return home
        > (currently in my "RV"). There are already copies circulating in the USA.
        >
        > 73
        > Brian
        > G8OSN/W8OSN

      • Adrian
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 18 12:51 AM
          I'd be happy to host the image on my webserver,
          if you can send etc please?

          regards

          Adrian ... vk4tux

          > I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2 VNC
          > servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a
          > webserver.
          >
          > You are welcome to a copy, I can make a zip available when I return home
          > (currently in my "RV"). There are already copies circulating in the USA.
          >
          > 73
          > Brian
          > G8OSN/W8OSN

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 18 3:08 AM
            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Adrian <vk4tux@...> wrote:

            > I'd be happy to host the image on my webserver,
            > if you can send etc please?
            >
            > regards
            >
            > Adrian ...

            Thank you, I will get a copy to you when I return home in a day or so. No one we left at home knows Linux, they are all Windows users so I can't ask then to retrieve it.

            73
            Brian
          • siegfried jackstien
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 18 3:44 AM
              Hello adrian ... if you got the copy would you please inform the
              group/announce a link???

              Dg9bfc

              Sigi

            • Adrian
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18 3:50 AM
                Will do Sigi

                regards

                Adrian ... vk4tux

                  Hello adrian ... if you got the copy would you please inform the
                group/announce a link???

                Dg9bfc

                Sigi

              • Brian
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 18 5:11 AM
                  --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Adrian <vk4tux@...> wrote:

                  > I'd be happy to host the image on my webserver,
                  > if you can send etc please?
                  >
                  > regards
                  >
                  > Adrian ...

                  Thank you, I will get a copy to you when I return home in a day or so. No one we left at home knows Linux, they are all Windows users so I can't ask then to retrieve it.

                  73
                  Brian
                • Rick Simpson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 18 8:00 AM
                    This is what I had hoped to see with the advent of the Pi. A totally standardized, inexpensive hardware base with equally inexpensive standard software-on-a-chip that makes it possible for plug-and-play no-brainer software installation, backed up by a solid technical community. Yes, I know that some Linux entheusiasts will point out that installation and configuration is where the fun is, but some of us just want to actually operate new (or old) technology without giving up a significant part of their life to make it work! Goodatcha Brian!

                    Rick
                    K3IND

                    > I'd be happy to host the image on my webserver,
                    > if you can send etc please?
                    >
                    > regards
                    >
                    > Adrian ...

                    Thank you, I will get a copy to you when I return home in a day or so. No one we left at home knows Linux, they are all Windows users so I can't ask then to retrieve it.

                    73
                    Brian

                  • vk4tux
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 20 12:30 PM
                      I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2
                      > VNC
                      > > servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a
                      > > webserver.

                      > > 73
                      > > Brian
                      > > G8OSN/W8OSN