PI and DVDongle and Radio reference

  • Francis
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
      Does anyone have a DVdongle running on a PI and feeding the audio to reference from the PI?

      Fran, W1FJM
    • Fran Miele
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
        the last part was suppose to say feeding to" radio reference". Sorry

        --Fran

        On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Francis <fran@...> wrote:

        Does anyone have a DVdongle running on a PI and feeding the audio to reference from the PI?

        Fran, W1FJM

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 18, 2013
          I know it's possible, using ircddbgateway and soundcardrepeater, I don't own a dv dongle so I've never tried it, I wouldn't be against experimenting though. If your interested email me directly and I will see what I can pull out of my magic hat.

          73
          Ken
          KC2IDB

          Sent from my iPad

          On Feb 17, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Fran Miele <fran@...> wrote:

          the last part was suppose to say feeding to" radio reference". Sorry

          --Fran

          On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Francis <fran@...> wrote:

          Does anyone have a DVdongle running on a PI and feeding the audio to reference from the PI?

          Fran, W1FJM

        • Matthew Pitts
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 18, 2013

            Yes, it can be done using Jonathan's Dummy Repeater module, a DV-Dongle and USB sound card. My personal preference would be to do it in a manner that didn't require a second computer to handle the audio stream to Radioreference.
            Matthew Pitts
            N8OHU

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 18, 2013
                I've used a DV Dongle with a USB headset and the dummyrepeater program on a Raspberry Pi. It worked.

                Well, sort of. I had issues with the USB headset, but I believe a recent Raspberry Pi firmware update may have fixed that, I just haven't gotten around to trying it again yet. It's on my 'round to-it list of things to do.

                I don't know about the radio reference part, I've never messed that, but it sounds interesting.

                Does anyone have a DVdongle running on a PI and feeding the audio to reference from the PI?

                Fran, W1FJM

              • kb9mwr
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
                  Look into dark ice to stream to radio reference. Looks do able.

                  http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Live_Audio/Ubuntu_Darkice

                  http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10263

                  --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, it can be done using Jonathan's Dummy Repeater module, a DV-Dongle and USB sound card. My personal preference would be to do it in a manner that didn't require a second computer to handle the audio stream to Radioreference.
                  > Matthew Pitts
                  > N8OHU
                  >
                  > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                • Mathison Ott
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013
                    Darkice is the way to do it.

                    I stopped my efforts to send my scanner audio, when i read there T.O.S. I monitor tactical Ch.

                    73

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
                      Mike,

                      What did you use to get the DVDONGLE to work on the PI? What Linux distro? Raspian HF? I don't see a dummy repeater module, for the PI?

                      Fran, W1FJM

                      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Mike Heitmann <n0so@...> wrote:

                      > I've used a DV Dongle with a USB headset and the dummyrepeater program on a
                      > Raspberry Pi. It worked.
                      >
                      > Well, sort of. I had issues with the USB headset, but I believe a recent
                      > Raspberry Pi firmware update may have fixed that, I just haven't gotten around
                      > to trying it again yet. It's on my 'round to-it list of things to do.
                      >
                      > I don't know about the radio reference part, I've never messed that, but it
                      > sounds interesting.
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Mike Heitmann
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
                        Hi Fran,

                        I've not had a chance to try it again yet.

                        Adrian, VK4TUX sent me file to try, it's on my list for the weekend. I'll let you know how that turns out.

                        Mike, N0SO

                        On Apr 19, 2013, at 12:58 PM, "Francis" <fran@...> wrote:

                        Mike,

                        What did you use to get the DVDONGLE to work on the PI? What Linux distro? Raspian HF? I don't see a dummy repeater module, for the PI?

                        Fran, W1FJM

                        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Mike Heitmann <n0so@...> wrote:

                        > I've used a DV Dongle with a USB headset and the dummyrepeater program on a
                        > Raspberry Pi. It worked.
                        >
                        > Well, sort of. I had issues with the USB headset, but I believe a recent
                        > Raspberry Pi firmware update may have fixed that, I just haven't gotten around
                        > to trying it again yet. It's on my 'round to-it list of things to do.
                        >
                        > I don't know about the radio reference part, I've never messed that, but it
                        > sounds interesting.

                      • Fran Miele
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 20, 2013
                          I worked with Adrian all week trying to get mine to work before he had the file. In the end my system crashed ad messed up the SD card. His setup uses the DCS Client. The best I can tell you can only connect to DCS gateways with it. NOT what I want to do so I have stopped working on it.

                          --Fran