Re: Pi - Windows GUI

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 17, 2013
      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jferrell13@...> wrote:

      > As a Linux beginner I have a lot to learn. My current objective is to get Pi's GUI display, mouse and keyboard remotely from other computers on my LAN.
      > I have not been successful with ssh-xming-Putty. ssh-Putty does work well for running Bash. My attempt at making VNC work with the instructions at the Adafruit web site led to more questions than answers. I have to give them credit for a very nice format though.
      > I am currently looking into http://elinux.org/RPi_Remote_Access.
      > Googling "raspberry pi remote" produces a number of suggestions.
      > I suspect there are ommitted details and assumptions in many of the offerings that trap us beginners.
      > The question:
      > Can anyone offer their personal success with Paspberry Pi - windows graphic remote setup?
      >
      > 73, de W8CCW John

      I've prepared a custom 'image' for use in my school which initiates 2 VNC servers at boot, one for root and one for pi. Also SSH, FTP and a webserver.

      You are welcome to a copy, I can make a zip available when I return home (currently in my "RV"). There are already copies circulating in the USA.

      73
      Brian
      G8OSN/W8OSN
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 11, 2013
        Web-server is up most of the time, NOT 100%.... The URL is correct.

        If you want to see my repeater dashboard it is: http://n1jmm.no-ip.org:81/ircddbgateway.php

        Only 2 of my web-servers are open to internet

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B