Pi - Windows GUI

  • John
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 16, 2013
      As a Linux beginner I have a lot to learn. My current objective is to get Pi's GUI display, mouse and keyboard remotely from other computers on my LAN.
      I have not been successful with ssh-xming-Putty. ssh-Putty does work well for running Bash. My attempt at making VNC work with the instructions at the Adafruit web site led to more questions than answers. I have to give them credit for a very nice format though.
      I am currently looking into http://elinux.org/RPi_Remote_Access.
      Googling "raspberry pi remote" produces a number of suggestions.
      I suspect there are ommitted details and assumptions in many of the offerings that trap us beginners.
      The question:
      Can anyone offer their personal success with Paspberry Pi - windows graphic remote setup?

      73, de W8CCW John
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 11 12:45 PM
        Web-server is up most of the time, NOT 100%.... The URL is correct.

        If you want to see my repeater dashboard it is: http://n1jmm.no-ip.org:81/ircddbgateway.php

        Only 2 of my web-servers are open to internet

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B