Fedora Remix & Dvap

  • vk4tux
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      I am working on setting this up. There are yet not yum arm repositories for the JN software etc, however I am looking at the compile capabilities on Rpi remix fc17 SD.

      I am a Redhat guy and would rather stay away from Debian/Apt if possible. I have a Rpi revB with a 16GB SD wheezy card however will like to redo the image with fedora remix, which I have already installed on other 4GB cards etc.

      I note the Fedora Arm image installer does not seem to unzip the download auto and the process sticks if you select the zip download and then just try to install. Extracting the image and re-selecting works fine with the installer.

      The image files (zipped/already extracted) are here on my site;

      http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/IMG/

      if you run redhat then the installer install as root ;

      ~]# rpm -Uvh http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/IMG/fedora-arm-installer-1.0.2-5.fc18.noarch.rpm

      Screenshots are also in the IMG folder.

      The final look at the mounted SD partitions after image install;

      http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/IMG/fc18Arm_Install3.jpg

      Adrian ... vk4tux