Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: DXSpider on the pi

  • Bill Shell
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      Tim,

      Were you able to get DXSpider to run using v1.05 of the instructions?

      73, Bill
      N6WS

      On 02/11/2013 03:29 AM, g3pjd wrote:

      As I understand it, the contents of spider.new are copied to /spider by this line, and the next line in the procedure removes the directory spider.new.

      If I am right, then this little glimmer of understanding is clear progress for me!!

      Not sure what a left field bleacher is, but it sounds painful!

      73

      Tim
      G3PJD

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2013
        the easiest way to do this that I know of is using a GUI file manager, 2nd way is using the file
        manager in webmin.
        if you want to do it from the command line then try this:

        you could try reading the manual on the copy command: man cp

        or just try this:
        cd /home/sysop/spider.new
        cp -R * /spider
        this might also work: cp -R .. /spider

        that will copy all files without a "." in them.
        if there are files with periods in the filenames, you might have to run it again with *.*

        the switch [-R | -r | --recursive] should copy the sub-directories recursively.

        -Jim-