Wireless Adapter not regnonized

  • Donald
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      According to: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals ...the wireless USB Adapter D-Link DWA-131 is compatiblem with the Rasp PI. Here is what the above website says about it:

      DWA-131 USB ID 07d1:3303,Realtek RTL8192SU, 802.11n Wireless N Nano. Works out of the box on Raspbian "wheezy". Verified with direct USB : no powered USB hub needed. Also verified when Nano used in powered USB hub. Someone had trouble configuring SSID/Passphrase in etc/network/interfaces file. But no problem & very easy to configure using wicd : wicd is a gui interface on LXDE for network configuration. Install it using command-line : apt-get install wicd. Once configured ith wicd to auto-run on boot, no need to turn back to LXDE. Recommended.

      I install wicd but no sure what to do next. How do I configure it with wicd?
      Don
      VE3HOL