Re: Poll results for Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO

  • Jerome K
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 28, 2013
      Kristoff... You did nothing wrong.. No Apology needed.. You asked a very good question, that needed to be addressed..
      I did hastily post a POLL. I should not have until I better understood my own thought pattern, and for that I apologize to all..

      Back to the RPi World..

      73 jerry

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 29, 2013
        Agreed... Poll too short to capture good data.

        Should stay Pi only...

        -Jim-

        On 1/28/13 1:30 PM, Robert Nickels wrote:
        > On 1/28/2013 11:37 AM, andelscott wrote:
        >> Is this really representative - the poll has been open for less than 2
        >> hours!
        >
        > Agreed. I was still pondering the pros and cons. I generally like
        > having groups with broad focus, but when I'm trying to solve a problem,
        > it's nice not to have to wade through gobs of irrelevant material to get
        > to what I'm really interested in. I do have a Delete key and never
        > assume the role of "list police", it's just a matter of what the
        > purpose of the group is.
        >
        > It seems to me that diluting this group to include other (much less
        > popular) linux boards will decrease the focus on the R-Pi and lead to
        > confusion when posts are not specific to one board or another - but
        > based on the two hour poll, I'm clearly outnumbered!
        >
        > 73, Bob W9RAN

      • kk7pw
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2013
          For what's its worth, as a newbie, I'd vote to keep the group pi-centric. Plenty to discuss / explore in Pi alone.

          My two volts. :)

          de KK7PW