RE: other boards,

  • gw6wtk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
      I have recently been playing with an Olimex A13 Wifi, a liitle more expensive than the R-PI but has a 1Ghz cpu, oodles of gpio stuff and audio in and out with wifi built in and 4 usb. When I bought mine it was about £39, it has embedded Android but with a Linux Micro USB card will boot in to Linux.

      Olimex produce a range of boards, from quite minimalist to those of decent spec.

      Brian
      gw6wtk
    • Matthew Pitts
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013

        I started a Yahoo Group for more general ARM processor systems, though it is mostly geared toward D-Star; it's called Pocket D-Star, and folks that wish to join it may do so.

        Matthew Pitts
        N8OHU

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
          Look the odroid boards :-)

          http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/main.php

          from credit card size to 10x10cm different siuzes (with different connectors
          on the board and different costs) are available

          here a nice gpio expansion module (that sure can be used with other boards
          via usb cable):

          http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135390
          529643

          I was thinking about odroid x2
          1.7GHz Exynos4 Quad Development Platform
          ODROID-X2 open development platform is based on Exynos4412 Prime 1.7GHz ARM
          Cortex-A9 Quad Core with 2GB memory. Enjoy PC-like performance.
          KEY FEATURES
          * Low-cost development platform
          * 1.7GHz Quad core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
          * 2GB Memory
          * 6 x High speed USB2.0 Host port
          * 10/100Mbps Ethernet with RJ-45 LAN Jack
          * Android 4.x & Ubuntu BSP

          Or the odroid u2 if you can live with fewer connectors but need a cheaper
          solution with a small form factor

          Dg9bfc

          Sigi