RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] ham appllications on other boards ??? (was: Echolink THEBRIDGE running on the Pi)

  • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 28, 2013
      As group owner I see no issues with a broader range of discussion.. I hope this is ok with everyone?

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 28, 2013
        Sure, as long as we don't get into a 'religious war' about which is 'best' -- see Linux/Windows/Apple controversy elsewhere...

        Rick
        K3IND

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 28, 2013
          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA" wrote:

          > As group owner I see no issues with a broader range of discussion.. I hope this is ok with everyone?
          >
          > 73 Jerry N9LYA

          Just as an aside, there is a linux-hams list that has been in existence for a long time, example post follows with subscription information at the end:

          ----

          Good news everyone!

          Hamlib-1.2.11 has been released.

          Hamlib provides a unified environment for the development of radio
          and rotator control applications. The release 1.2.11 includes many
          improvements since last official version.

          The wiki site is available at http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/hamlib/

          Version 1.2.11
          * New models: RA-3702, IC-738, IC-7600, IC-7700, AR 7030+,
          FT-980, TT-536 Delta-II, R&S EB200
          * New rotator backends: GS-232B, GS-232 (not A or B), ARS RCI, M2 RC2800
          * Fixes and features: TH-F7E, FT-847, FT-736, FT-920, FT767GX, FT-747,
          FT-950, FT-450, Yaesu NewCAT, PCR*, IC-706MkIIG, IC-7800, R-8A, Paragon
          * rigctld/rotctld
          * ltdl security update
          * IPv6 ready
          * bindings not built by default

          Download pages are accessible at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib,
          rpms, .deb and Win32 DLL's coming soon.

          Please, check it out and report to hamlib-developer@...
          If your favorite rig is not in the supported list, feel free to ask.
          We need more beta-testers, so all the backends can reach the stable
          and fully supported state.

          Many thanks to all the developers and testers who participated
          in this release. Contributors and backend maintainers are listed in
          the AUTHORS file.

          Have fun and let us know!

          73 de Stephane - F8CFE & the Hamlib team

        • jerome schatten
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 28, 2013
            OK by me -- jerome va7vv/ve7ass Vancouver

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 28, 2013
              I just found this group. I came here through a post on the APRS group about the TNCX for the Raspberry Pi. I've been working on something closely related, namely taking a TNCX and creating a board (or cape) for the BeagleBone.

              What is being discussed here has a lot of merit not only for Raspberry Pi but also for other ARM boards running Linux.

              Adi
              VA3ADI