no video after dist-upgrade

  • jerome schatten
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
      Hi... Running jnos2.0j on my pi v.2., usually headless. Decided to upgrade my July 2012 distro to the latest. Did apt-get upgrade, followed by apt-get dist-upgrade and all went fine. No errors.

      I elected to keep the old raspi-config values during the upgrade process. When I was done, and after a hard reset, I had no video. The hdmi monitor says 'no signal'.

      I have access to the pi via the network and 'screen', to jnos still runs, and I'm able to manage things OK, but I would still like my video back.

      I tried to re-install the update, but the system looks and sees that I have the latest, and won't let me proceed.

      Thanks for any suggestions...
      Jerome - ve7ass Vancouver
    • bob_g3wkw
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
        Perhaps worth a look in /boot at config.txt and use http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt to check it as you can certainly turn off HDMI in there.

        Bob
        G3WKW

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, jerome schatten wrote:

        > Hi... Running jnos2.0j on my pi v.2., usually headless. Decided to upgrade my July 2012 distro to the latest. Did apt-get upgrade, followed by apt-get dist-upgrade and all went fine. No errors.
        >
        > I elected to keep the old raspi-config values during the upgrade process. When I was done, and after a hard reset, I had no video. The hdmi monitor says 'no signal'.
        >
        > I have access to the pi via the network and 'screen', to jnos still runs, and I'm able to manage things OK, but I would still like my video back.
        >
        > I tried to re-install the update, but the system looks and sees that I have the latest, and won't let me proceed.
        >
        > Thanks for any suggestions...
        > Jerome - ve7ass Vancouver

      • jerome schatten
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
          That was it --  thank you so much Bob!

          Uncommenting:

          # uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
          hdmi_force_hotplug=1

          brought back the hdmi video. I guess I made a lousy choice in the upgrade process as regards keeping the old settings (I think that was the choice I made).

          Best,
          jerome