Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] addon board on group photo

  • Ronny Julian
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
      Are you going to have them on your site for sale as kits or completed TNCs?  I'd like to be in on the first run if you are taking pre-orders.  What is your expected price range?
      Ronny
      K4RJJ

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      Kristoff,

      The photo is a standard TNC-X board, which I modified by supergluing a bit of matrix board with a 26 way header to it. It is complete and functional - the missing components are for the USB or RS232 interfaces that are not needed. It connects to the async port on the PI header. This was the prototype for the PI TNC which should soon be available.

      73, John G8BPQ

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
        Ronny,

        There is a fair bit of info on the TNC in this group's message archive, but to summarize, the TNC will be supplied by John Hansen W2FS, the maker of the TNC-X, and will be available, probably via the TNC-X website, in both kit and ready made form. Price and delivery aren't yet finalised, but I expect the kit to be in the $40-50 range, and availability in a few weeks.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
          Thanks!  I'll get a separate Pi for this and be ready for first run.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
              Ronny,

              They shouldn't be long. John is testing it at the moment, and I understand the first few will be advertised soon. The main batch of boards may be slightly delayed by the Chinese New Year.

              73, John G8BPQ

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
                I forgot that all China Post is stopped pretty much also.    Hope to have an assembled before Field Day.  Any way to pre-order?  I would put in a Paypal now for a ready to use unit off the line.