Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] addon board on group photo

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
      Kristoff,

      I believe that is one of the prototype TNCs that John G8BPQ is working on; probably a very early one at that.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU
      (5 Raspberry Pi's and counting)

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
        It's a prototype of a TNC-x that will connect directly to the Raspi. Last I heard the designer is waiting on the PCB. Pretty cool huh. I want at least one.

        Max

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
          Kristoff,

          The photo is a standard TNC-X board, which I modified by supergluing a bit of matrix board with a 26 way header to it. It is complete and functional - the missing components are for the USB or RS232 interfaces that are not needed. It connects to the async port on the PI header. This was the prototype for the PI TNC which should soon be available.

          73, John G8BPQ

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
            Are you going to have them on your site for sale as kits or completed TNCs?  I'd like to be in on the first run if you are taking pre-orders.  What is your expected price range?
            Ronny
            K4RJJ

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
              Ronny,

              There is a fair bit of info on the TNC in this group's message archive, but to summarize, the TNC will be supplied by John Hansen W2FS, the maker of the TNC-X, and will be available, probably via the TNC-X website, in both kit and ready made form. Price and delivery aren't yet finalised, but I expect the kit to be in the $40-50 range, and availability in a few weeks.

              73, John

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
                Thanks!  I'll get a separate Pi for this and be ready for first run.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
                    Ronny,

                    They shouldn't be long. John is testing it at the moment, and I understand the first few will be advertised soon. The main batch of boards may be slightly delayed by the Chinese New Year.

                    73, John G8BPQ

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
                      I forgot that all China Post is stopped pretty much also.    Hope to have an assembled before Field Day.  Any way to pre-order?  I would put in a Paypal now for a ready to use unit off the line.