Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Dongle Server for Raspberry Pi - configuration instructions

  • Robert Nickels
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
      On 1/18/2013 9:58 AM, sv5byr wrote:
      > I have done this and Im looking to manage pass RTL_TCP over the internet.
      > What is the reason not pass ???
      You're not going to be able to pass 1 or 2 million I/Q samples per
      second over the " internet"; the solution I posted only enables you to
      send the I/Q data via your personal LAN (i.e. to other devices connected
      directly to your router). If you're having trouble doing this, you
      may need to configure your router and/or open up the firewall on the
      client PC - this depends on the exact combination of hardware and
      software you are using. Typical ethernet troubleshooting may be
      required - starting with ping to see if the two machines can reach each
      other. Also be sure your client SDR application is configured to look
      for input from the correct address/port (i.e. the address and port that
      is displayed in the rtl_tcp signon message) In SDR# this is done by
      selecting RTL-SDR / TCP and entering the address if the Pi using the
      Config menu.

      73, Bob W9RAN