Re: Dongle Server for Raspberry Pi - configuration instructions

  • sv5byr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hello all,
      I have done this and Im looking to manage pass RTL_TCP over the internet.
      What is the reason not pass ???

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Philip" wrote:

      > Many many thanks for taking the trouble to post these instructions
      > Robert...very much apreciated..
      >

      > Regards
      > Philip G4JVF
      >

      > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Robert Nickels wrote:
      >
      > I went back over my notes and re-read the Osmocom installation
      > instructions and what I've seen elsewhere and have put this sequence
      > together for creating a "dongle server" on the Pi.

    • Robert Nickels
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
        On 1/18/2013 9:58 AM, sv5byr wrote:
        > I have done this and Im looking to manage pass RTL_TCP over the internet.
        > What is the reason not pass ???
        You're not going to be able to pass 1 or 2 million I/Q samples per
        second over the " internet"; the solution I posted only enables you to
        send the I/Q data via your personal LAN (i.e. to other devices connected
        directly to your router). If you're having trouble doing this, you
        may need to configure your router and/or open up the firewall on the
        client PC - this depends on the exact combination of hardware and
        software you are using. Typical ethernet troubleshooting may be
        required - starting with ping to see if the two machines can reach each
        other. Also be sure your client SDR application is configured to look
        for input from the correct address/port (i.e. the address and port that
        is displayed in the rtl_tcp signon message) In SDR# this is done by
        selecting RTL-SDR / TCP and entering the address if the Pi using the
        Config menu.

        73, Bob W9RAN