Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Setting an ALIAS in APRX

  • Tom Hayward
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
      On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Max <kg4pid@...> wrote:

      > While APRX may call it something different, RELAY, WIDE, TEMP, SAR, and in
      > my case AL are all aliases. A rose by any other name is still a rose. Thanks
      > for the help, I made the changes and have been looking at the APRX-RF.log
      > every few hours and so far, it is doing exactly what I wanted it to.

      The aprx manual does not use "alias" and "keys" interchangeably.
      "keys" are used in <digipeater> sub-sections. "alias" is used in
      <interface> definitions. For my digipeater, I use "keys". Are you sure
      that one of these roses is not a tulip? If not, you might propose a
      change to the manual to indicate these keywords are interchangeable.

      Tom KD7LXL