Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Ham Radio Deluxe

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2013
      On 17 Jan 2013 at 15:12, Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Re: Ham Radio Deluxe
      > Posted by: "Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF" nigel@...
      > Date: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 am ((PST))
      >
      > Ham Radio Deluxe has never supported sound over internet.
      > Most people use Skype.

      Skype is total bloatware these days, though it used to be lean and mean,
      it's also now owned by MS themselves, so how long support for non Windows
      systems will remain, is anyones guess.

      Linux has several good VoIP programs that could be used.

      Windows also has the beutifuly small and good "IPSound". Google, and ye
      shall find. (Change the default port it uses though, the default is
      often probed by some particulaly nasty malware.)

      Sadly, it's not suported any more, but it gives you a choice of codecs,
      that you can change on-the-fly as your audio needs (near HiFi stereo, to
      narrow band mono comm's channel) change, or available network resources
      dictates. It's not Open Source, but you can after reading the help and
      history files, then with some creative Googling, find the Open Source
      IpPhone (I think) Source Forge project it was based on.

      There was even one version that sort of supported CI-V commands to remote
      control an Icom radio.

      If I had the time, and C/C++ skill's, I'd love to pick up and run with
      that app. It's just too good to let die. Making it (or something
      similar) run on the Pi, would be good to have.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.