Ham Radio Deluxe

  • Carsten Kobborg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
      Hi all

      I am new on this group, an also new on Rasperberry pi (LINUX)
      I hav no idea of programing in linux, but i tray to have my pi running HRD remote server.
      At this moment I have the remote server parth running on a Raspberry, an i work fine, I can connect to my Yaesu FT-950 remote an control the radio, that part work fine.

      But now i would lige to have the sound going over Ethernet also, but i can't find any solution for that. I think it is possably to have SKYPE working on a Rasperberry, but ther must be at "smaller" solution for that.
      Any one no have to do ??

      73 de OZ1DCZ, Carsten
    • Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
        Ham Radio Deluxe has never supported sound over internet.
        Most people use Skype.

        Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
        Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net
        Member of ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
        Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, MKARS, GCARES, EAA382.
      • kb9mwr
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
          I have been using speak freely and the hamlib rigctl for civ control.

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Carsten Kobborg" wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I am new on this group, an also new on Rasperberry pi (LINUX)
          > I hav no idea of programing in linux, but i tray to have my pi running HRD remote server.
          > At this moment I have the remote server parth running on a Raspberry, an i work fine, I can connect to my Yaesu FT-950 remote an control the radio, that part work fine.
          >
          > But now i would lige to have the sound going over Ethernet also, but i can't find any solution for that. I think it is possably to have SKYPE working on a Rasperberry, but ther must be at "smaller" solution for that.
          > Any one no have to do ??
          >
          > 73 de OZ1DCZ, Carsten

        • Carsten Kobborg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
            Hi

            I now That, but it is not posibly for me to make SKYPE running on a raspberry, ( I can't find a place to download SKYPE for Debian :-))
            That is the reason for aim lokking for some thing else

            Carsten

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
              Hi
              As fare as I can see, speak freely, is for Windows an not for debian (linux) is that correct ??
              Carsten

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "kb9mwr" wrote:

              > I have been using speak freely and the hamlib rigctl for civ control.
              >
              > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Carsten Kobborg" wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi all
              > >
              > > I am new on this group, an also new on Rasperberry pi (LINUX)
              > > I hav no idea of programing in linux, but i tray to have my pi running HRD remote server.
              > > At this moment I have the remote server parth running on a Raspberry, an i work fine, I can connect to my Yaesu FT-950 remote an control the radio, that part work fine.
              > >
              > > But now i would lige to have the sound going over Ethernet also, but i can't find any solution for that. I think it is possably to have SKYPE working on a Rasperberry, but ther must be at "smaller" solution for that.
              > > Any one no have to do ??
              > >
              > > 73 de OZ1DCZ, Carsten

            • Jonathan Magee
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
                There is a linux version of it. See http://speak-freely.sourceforge.net/ but I don't know if it will compile and run on the Raspberry PI

                73 de Jonathan GI7KMC

                On 15 January 2013 20:53, Carsten Kobborg <carsten@...> wrote:

                Hi
                As fare as I can see, speak freely, is for Windows an not for debian (linux) is that correct ??
                Carsten

                --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "kb9mwr" wrote:

                > I have been using speak freely and the hamlib rigctl for civ control.
                >
                > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Carsten Kobborg" wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi all
                > >
                > > I am new on this group, an also new on Rasperberry pi (LINUX)
                > > I hav no idea of programing in linux, but i tray to have my pi running HRD remote server.
                > > At this moment I have the remote server parth running on a Raspberry, an i work fine, I can connect to my Yaesu FT-950 remote an control the radio, that part work fine.
                > >
                > > But now i would lige to have the sound going over Ethernet also, but i can't find any solution for that. I think it is possably to have SKYPE working on a Rasperberry, but ther must be at "smaller" solution for that.
                > > Any one no have to do ??
                > >
                > > 73 de OZ1DCZ, Carsten

              • Dave B
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 17, 2013
                  On 17 Jan 2013 at 15:12, Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                  > Re: Ham Radio Deluxe
                  > Posted by: "Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF" nigel@...
                  > Date: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 am ((PST))
                  >
                  > Ham Radio Deluxe has never supported sound over internet.
                  > Most people use Skype.

                  Skype is total bloatware these days, though it used to be lean and mean,
                  it's also now owned by MS themselves, so how long support for non Windows
                  systems will remain, is anyones guess.

                  Linux has several good VoIP programs that could be used.

                  Windows also has the beutifuly small and good "IPSound". Google, and ye
                  shall find. (Change the default port it uses though, the default is
                  often probed by some particulaly nasty malware.)

                  Sadly, it's not suported any more, but it gives you a choice of codecs,
                  that you can change on-the-fly as your audio needs (near HiFi stereo, to
                  narrow band mono comm's channel) change, or available network resources
                  dictates. It's not Open Source, but you can after reading the help and
                  history files, then with some creative Googling, find the Open Source
                  IpPhone (I think) Source Forge project it was based on.

                  There was even one version that sort of supported CI-V commands to remote
                  control an Icom radio.

                  If I had the time, and C/C++ skill's, I'd love to pick up and run with
                  that app. It's just too good to let die. Making it (or something
                  similar) run on the Pi, would be good to have.

                  73.

                  Dave G0WBX.