Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] SDR on Pi (Was Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Copy SD

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      On 13 Jan 2013 at 11:35, Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > SDR on Pi (Was Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Copy SD cards??)
      > Posted by: "siegfried jackstien" siegfried.jackstien@...
      > dg9bfc Date: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 pm ((PST))
      >
      > If you need processor power go for odroid x2
      >
      > 1.7 gig quad core
      >
      > Dg9bfc
      >
      > sigi

      But, if you don't need the graphical real time Spectrum rendering on (a
      large) screen, just the audio demodulating, that can save a huge ammount
      of CPU grunt, as can not using a GUI desktop.

      What did we do before live spectrum displays? Oh... Turned a dial...
      But yes, "point and click" tuning is nice to have.

      I will be trying the Dongle Server scheme myself as soon as I can get the
      time to fiddle. Have Pi, and the RTL dongles are cheap to buy.

      I could certainly use a remote front end if for receiving only, to get it
      away from the urban EM Fugg.. (Pi, RTL based Dongle, a PA0RDT miniwhip
      + upconverter. Perhaps all PoE powered too?)

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.