Re: SDR on Pi (Was Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Copy SD cards??)

  • Robert Nickels
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 12, 2013
      On 1/12/2013 12:17 PM, vbifyz wrote:

      > the Mk802

      Hi Mike,

      Or rather, the MK808 successor to the MK802, but yes - it's going to be
      real interesting to see how these PC-on-a-stick things evolve. The
      newest B model includes bluetooth, which is interesting from a radio
      perspective.

      Here's a bit of a comparison (not wholly objective) of the MK802 vs R-Pi
      - http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4828154 (Reader discretion
      advised, writer is not a big fan of all things Pi)

      We've already seen the STM32 Discovery at under $10 and it's a pretty
      sure bet that Linux on ARM has a future...I'll go way out on the limb
      here and predict we'll see quite a few SDR-capable platforms at <$50
      within the coming year.

      73, Bob W9RAN