Re: Re: FW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Copy SD cards??

  • John B. Cundiff Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013

      i was hoping to find someone in this Yahoo group who has already done all this research and knows
      how to accomplish this task.....I just wanted such a person to share with me  a SD card preloaded
      with the software  needed For the Pi and Linux...for which I wood gladly pay a reasonabnle price .
      I did not want to pay for the reinvention of the wheel.

      I wood then get the necessary  Downloads for the PC  end of the operation since you all agree
      the Pi is not up to  doing it anyother way .

      John

      On 01/12/13, Jim Thisdale<n1jmm1@...> wrote:

      Hi John

      I can't spend a week researching all these links...

      I'd need a concise list of what operating system you require and exactly
      what program. You don't want to pay by the hour for me to research all
      those links.

      -Jim-
      Visit my Pi running ircddb, dvrptr, Apache2 web-server & other things:
      http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
      http://n1jmm.no-ip.org/index.php

    • Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013
        Instead of continually pleading and whining for someone to do everything for you, something you've now been doing for
        several days, get off your butt and find your local Linux User Group and ask them to teach you the basics.
        Several people have pointed you in the right direction and offered helpful suggestions and all you continue to do is
        whine.

        On January 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM "John B. Cundiff Jr." <jbcundiffjr@...> wrote:

        > i was hoping to find someone in this Yahoo group who has already done all this research and knows
        > how to accomplish this task.....I just wanted such a person to share with me a SD card preloaded
        > with the software needed For the Pi and Linux...for which I wood gladly pay a reasonabnle price .
        > I did not want to pay for the reinvention of the wheel.
        I can't spend a week researching all these links...

        Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
        Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net
        Member of ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
        Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, MKARS, GCARES, EAA382.
      • Clayton Brantley
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013
          AMEN!!!!!!

          Instead of continually pleading and whining for someone to do everything for you, something you've now been doing for
          several days, get off your butt and find your local Linux User Group and ask them to teach you the basics.
          Several people have pointed you in the right direction and offered helpful suggestions and all you continue to do is
          whine.

          On January 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM "John B. Cundiff Jr." jbcundiffjr@...> wrote:

          > i was hoping to find someone in this Yahoo group who has already done all this research and knows
          > how to accomplish this task.....I just wanted such a person to share with me a SD card preloaded
          > with the software needed For the Pi and Linux...for which I wood gladly pay a reasonabnle price .
          > I did not want to pay for the reinvention of the wheel.
          I can't spend a week researching all these links...

          Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
          Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net
          Member of ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
          Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, MKARS, GCARES, EAA382.

        • John B. Cundiff Jr
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013
            I tried to  load the SD card myself but they wood not work.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013

              Pardon me !

              I will not darken your  door again...o great one.

              Instead of continually pleading and whining for someone to do everything for you, something you've now been doing for
              several days, get off your butt and find your local Linux User Group and ask them to teach you the basics.
              Several people have pointed you in the right direction and offered helpful suggestions and all you continue to do is
              whine.

              On January 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM "John B. Cundiff Jr." jbcundiffjr@...> wrote:

              > i was hoping to find someone in this Yahoo group who has already done all this research and knows
              > how to accomplish this task.....I just wanted such a person to share with me a SD card preloaded
              > with the software needed For the Pi and Linux...for which I wood gladly pay a reasonabnle price .
              > I did not want to pay for the reinvention of the wheel.
              I can't spend a week researching all these links...

              Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
              Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel@... www http://www.ngunn.net
              Member of ARRL, GQRP #11396, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
              Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, MKARS, GCARES, EAA382.

            • John
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 13, 2013
                --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Robert Nickels wrote:

                > I've changed the subject so this will show up in search.

                Hi Bob.

                Thank you for doing as it makes finding you previous message much easier to find, now i can dig out my DVB-T dongle and get it running with my Pi :-)

                73 John Mi0AAZ.