Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Introduction

  • Denton Larson
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
      I ordered mine in July, now I am moving, I guess I will have to call!

      Denton WB0ZUR

      --

      Denton Larson
      WB0ZUR
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
        Do u have your new address... I would think it would be no problem for them to update the ship to addr///

        73 jerry

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
          No not yet, I will have it sent to my Mom's address , it is close

          Denton WB0ZUR

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 6, 2012
            I have dealt with cpc and farnell for many years, if they have it in stck you can collect the same day from CPC's counter in Preston so ring round and see who has it.
            Ian

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <g8pzt@...> wrote:

            > Hi John,
            >
            > I assumed the likes of Farnell and CPC were still trade-only, so I was thinking I might have trouble getting anyone to sell to me.
            >
            > No I don't fancy learning another machine language at my age so it'll be strictly "C", and I'll use as many of the existing hooks as possible. No point in reinventing the wheel if the wheel works ;-)
            >
            > Something else to swallow up my time, lol!
            >
            > 73, Paula

          • javeaflat
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 6, 2012
              Had a mailing from CPC today the Raspberry pi is free delivery if you order on part code sc1259002, in stock at 24-96 + VAT
              Order by phone and pay by credit card.

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "javeaflat" <ian@...> wrote:

              > I have dealt with cpc and farnell for many years, if they have it in stock you can collect the same day from CPC's counter in Preston so ring round and see who has it.
              > Ian
              >

              > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <g8pzt@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi John,
              > >
              > > I assumed the likes of Farnell and CPC were still trade-only, so I was thinking I might have trouble getting anyone to sell to me.
              > >
              > > No I don't fancy learning another machine language at my age so it'll be strictly "C", and I'll use as many of the existing hooks as possible. No point in reinventing the wheel if the wheel works ;-)
              > >
              > > Something else to swallow up my time, lol!
              > >
              > > 73, Paula

            • zx97lite
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 4

                Hello!

                Just a quick note of introduction. When the original Raspberry Pi was introduced in 2012 I was very excited about getting it to work on PSK31 and other digital modes.  But the more research I did it became clear that there were issues doing so,  reluctantly I decided to put the project on hold.

                When the B+ was released last year the addition of the two USB ports was a big step forward. Then on Monday Feb 2nd when the Raspberry Pi 2 was announced I knew we had a winner and I immediately subscribed to this Yahoo Group, as already reported FLDIGI works great with the new board.

                Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many other applications for this diminutive computer to come. My first computer in 1979 (Apple II) was used for RTTY using Galfo Software and a Flesher TU-170, it worked great and cost $1500.

                Now we have a computer with a 900 MHz quad core processor, 1 GB RAM, and SD card for storage for around $35.00.

                Here's hoping that there sell a boatload of these things :-)

                Pete WB9FLW