PS: (was Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Copy SD cards??)

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      On 11 Jan 2013 at 11:40, Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Re: Copy SD cards??
      > Posted by: "Rick Simpson" goatguy101@... ricks_wv
      > Date: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 am ((PST))
      >
      > I think what John is talking about as a "SDR dongle" is a DVB-T stick
      > that many people are now using as an inexpensive ($15) wide-band SDR
      > receiver that puts out the SDR I and Q signals on the USB connector.
      > They connect the I and Q signals to a PC sound card and use
      > conventional SDR software on the PC to process and display the
      > signals. I doubt that a Pi has sufficient processing power to emulate
      > the capabilities of a sound card and also run the SDR software
      > necessary to complete the processing and run the display and controls.
      > If such a program could be written for the Pi there would be a huge
      > demand for the SD card with Linux and the SDR program all properly
      > configured for use with the dongle.
      >
      > Rick
      > K3IND

      Looking some more at the SDR# downloads page

      http://sdrsharp.com/index.php/downloads

      I see on the left, there is a "One shot install script for Linux" A
      little of which I undersand, much I don't.

      I think you'd need to prove it on a "regular" Linux machine first, before
      trying it on a Pi, but it looks like there might be a way forward, maybe.

      Best ask on that site, there is a feedback/question feature.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.