Re: TNC Using RFM22B / RFM23BP UHF Tranceiver Modules.

  • John
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hello John.

      Good to see you are still developing items to be used for packet radio, i am just new to the group today and have not as yet purchased a Raspberry Pi but probably will some time soon.
      Maybe what i am about to ask has already been covered by someone and if not you or someone else feel free to answer, could a Pi be used as a tracker for APRS using the GPS you mentioned previously and in turn linked to a 2m radio on 144.800 MHz ? Packet radio no longer exists here in Northern Ireland in any shape or form but there is a good APRS network in EI which i have always had an interest in linking into but the problem is i am alone in this interest as 1200 baud packet is seen to be old technology here.

      73 John Mi0AAZ/Gi6GBK.
      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ