Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Premature PI shut down

  • Andy B
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 7, 2013
      Rick:

      There's a little "E tag" like "phone tag" :)  So U know by now that
      this has worked for me.

        With Ubuntu could go later edition,however
      finding video drivers is tough.  I use low profile,low power machine
      that runs continuously.  Would have to add video card to match drivers in latest Ubuntu.

       With correct driver we could have video
      acceleration in the Pi,to assist the struggling SOC.
      With our text based Amateur programs this is not as necessary/needed.

      In the Pi,some programs available may not function well. They may not
      be compiled for arm,or even arm v6.  With the latest updates(Wheezy) it appears that "Putty" may be working ok now. Of course "Minicom" is stable. Setting Fonts & terminal window size is tricky. Some times
      it's done in the terminal settings of Wheezy. Other times with the actual program..

      Later,Andy (AC2HE)

      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ