Another SD card bites the dust! 2 down... wile testing an SDR

  • mathisono
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      Be careful over clocking your RPi with over_volt set to 6 even with the new firmware! Ive now killed 2 cards. Ive taken out 2 sd cards.

      I was attempting to increase the performance on a RPi that was running a DVB dongle sdr server. The software: hardware_server and DSP_server from the GHPSDR3 project. The conclusion I came to before I lost the card was, the RPi is under powered for running the hardware_server and DSP_server at the same time, even in turbo mode.

      I will stick to multi_core computers for my SDR servers. They just pack the punch.
      I realy have no use for a single DVB dongle & RPi. Specialized hardware like the Hiqsdr ( http://hiqsdr.com/hiqsdr-wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page ) Next is to launch 3 DVB's on one dsp_server. The project need help with the code.

      http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page

      groups.google.com/group/sdr-widget

      73 kj6dzb Mathison