Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Premature PI shut down

  • Andy B
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 6, 2013
      Rick:

      Have nothing to loose the lan & usb are out solidly. Believe they are
      controlled by the same chip. Yes at the factory(in UK anyhow)
      they bake them & cool them slowly.  So I will try it because really
      tired of sending them back.

       When some of these other variations are actually available will try them.   IE: cubieboard,hackberry & others.  BTW they are running arm 8 architecture,Ubuntu is supporting that version.

      Use Ubuntu 11.04 here on main machine,an AMD E350 APU. (low power)
      Main meaning the one I use most,have an Athlon FX & Intel I5 also.
      Keep some winders machines around for when repairing other peoples machines.

       Thanks for the input!

      Later,Andy (AC2HE)

      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ