Soundmodem

  • Tommaso Ravaglioli
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2013
      Hi to all,
      I'm trying to use soundmodem with an external USB soundcard (dirt cheap type), however there is some issue with the packet decoding. It seems that, even with the most clean signal (generated with a TNC directly connected to the audio input) decodes are near impossible.

      Does anyone uses the soundmodem package with an USB audio dongle with good results? Or any other result, for that matter.

      73s de IZ2QYZ
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2013
        Hi,

        I have tested with both a Signalink USB and these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005625U1Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 - with pretty good results, but so far only with a direct audio connection to another TNC (a PC running UZ7HO soundmodem). There isn't any packet activity locally to test with, though I will do some tests on HF and with the Space Station when I have a bit of spare time. I tried with some very cheap modules I found on ebay, but I couldn't get them to work at all.

        73, John G8BPQ