RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: PI TNC Availability

    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 4, 2013
      Sorry, I should have included the cost. It has not yet been finalized, but is expected to be similar to, and maybe sightly less that the TNC-X, which is $50 for the kint, and another $35 for a built and tested board

      Thanks for the suggestions of other groups to post to. I had originally seen the TNC as primarily of interest for those who already have a PI, but it could well encourage more people to look at the PI.

      73, John

      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ