Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Introduction

  • danny garvin
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 27, 2012
      Hi all
        I just joined the group as well I ordered my RP from Allied on 7/3 and just got it this morning. Can't wait to start playing with it.
      73 Danny WB9RIM

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 28, 2012
        Same here I can report when I receive mine, unfortunately at that time I will be overseas.
        I will report when I arrive home in mid September...

        Jim

        I ordered mine from Element14  (Newark) Not sure what shipping would cost you...

        www.newark.com search Raspberry Pi...

        Jerry

      • KD6OAT
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
          Just notified by Allied that shipping will be delayed several more weeks. I paid for my order in June. Yikes!

          On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:42 PM, wu3v@... wrote:

          Same here I can report when I receive mine, unfortunately at that time I will be overseas.
          I will report when I arrive home in mid September...

          Jim

          I ordered mine from Element14  (Newark) Not sure what shipping would cost you...

          www.newark.com search Raspberry Pi...

          Jerry

        • Javier Henderson
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
            On Aug 29, 2012, at 7:16 AM, KD6OAT <kd6oat@...> wrote:

            > Just notified by Allied that shipping will be delayed several more weeks. I paid for my order in June. Yikes!

            In the USA, Newark/Element14 and MCM are the best options.

            73,
            -jav k4jh
          • Denton Larson
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
              I ordered mine in July, now I am moving, I guess I will have to call!

              Denton WB0ZUR

              --

              Denton Larson
              WB0ZUR
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
                Do u have your new address... I would think it would be no problem for them to update the ship to addr///

                73 jerry

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 29, 2012
                  No not yet, I will have it sent to my Mom's address , it is close

                  Denton WB0ZUR

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 6, 2012
                    I have dealt with cpc and farnell for many years, if they have it in stck you can collect the same day from CPC's counter in Preston so ring round and see who has it.
                    Ian

                    --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <g8pzt@...> wrote:

                    > Hi John,
                    >
                    > I assumed the likes of Farnell and CPC were still trade-only, so I was thinking I might have trouble getting anyone to sell to me.
                    >
                    > No I don't fancy learning another machine language at my age so it'll be strictly "C", and I'll use as many of the existing hooks as possible. No point in reinventing the wheel if the wheel works ;-)
                    >
                    > Something else to swallow up my time, lol!
                    >
                    > 73, Paula

                  • javeaflat
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 6, 2012
                      Had a mailing from CPC today the Raspberry pi is free delivery if you order on part code sc1259002, in stock at 24-96 + VAT
                      Order by phone and pay by credit card.

                      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "javeaflat" <ian@...> wrote:

                      > I have dealt with cpc and farnell for many years, if they have it in stock you can collect the same day from CPC's counter in Preston so ring round and see who has it.
                      > Ian
                      >

                      > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <g8pzt@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi John,
                      > >
                      > > I assumed the likes of Farnell and CPC were still trade-only, so I was thinking I might have trouble getting anyone to sell to me.
                      > >
                      > > No I don't fancy learning another machine language at my age so it'll be strictly "C", and I'll use as many of the existing hooks as possible. No point in reinventing the wheel if the wheel works ;-)
                      > >
                      > > Something else to swallow up my time, lol!
                      > >
                      > > 73, Paula

                    • zx97lite
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 4

                        Hello!

                        Just a quick note of introduction. When the original Raspberry Pi was introduced in 2012 I was very excited about getting it to work on PSK31 and other digital modes.  But the more research I did it became clear that there were issues doing so,  reluctantly I decided to put the project on hold.

                        When the B+ was released last year the addition of the two USB ports was a big step forward. Then on Monday Feb 2nd when the Raspberry Pi 2 was announced I knew we had a winner and I immediately subscribed to this Yahoo Group, as already reported FLDIGI works great with the new board.

                        Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many other applications for this diminutive computer to come. My first computer in 1979 (Apple II) was used for RTTY using Galfo Software and a Flesher TU-170, it worked great and cost $1500.

                        Now we have a computer with a 900 MHz quad core processor, 1 GB RAM, and SD card for storage for around $35.00.

                        Here's hoping that there sell a boatload of these things :-)

                        Pete WB9FLW