Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Introduction

  • Javier Henderson
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 27, 2012
      On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:32 AM, kd6oat <kd6oat@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I ordered my RPi from Allied Electronics in June and was told it would "despatch" within 11 weeks. I hope it is sooner than that.

      Seems that for those of us in the USA, Newark/Element14 is the best choice. I ordered mine on August 5th, and got it the following week. I've been running a tx igate with it, plus a TNC-X, for a couple of weeks now, and quite happy with it.

      73,
      -jav k4jh
    • danny garvin
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 27, 2012
        Hi all
          I just joined the group as well I ordered my RP from Allied on 7/3 and just got it this morning. Can't wait to start playing with it.
        73 Danny WB9RIM

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 28, 2012
          Same here I can report when I receive mine, unfortunately at that time I will be overseas.
          I will report when I arrive home in mid September...

          Jim

          I ordered mine from Element14  (Newark) Not sure what shipping would cost you...

          www.newark.com search Raspberry Pi...

          Jerry

        • KD6OAT
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
            Just notified by Allied that shipping will be delayed several more weeks. I paid for my order in June. Yikes!

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
              On Aug 29, 2012, at 7:16 AM, KD6OAT <kd6oat@...> wrote:

              > Just notified by Allied that shipping will be delayed several more weeks. I paid for my order in June. Yikes!

              In the USA, Newark/Element14 and MCM are the best options.

              73,
              -jav k4jh
            • Denton Larson
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
                I ordered mine in July, now I am moving, I guess I will have to call!

                Denton WB0ZUR

                --

                Denton Larson
                WB0ZUR
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
                  Do u have your new address... I would think it would be no problem for them to update the ship to addr///

                  73 jerry

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
                    No not yet, I will have it sent to my Mom's address , it is close

                    Denton WB0ZUR

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 6, 2012
                      I have dealt with cpc and farnell for many years, if they have it in stck you can collect the same day from CPC's counter in Preston so ring round and see who has it.
                      Ian

                      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <g8pzt@...> wrote:

                      > Hi John,
                      >
                      > I assumed the likes of Farnell and CPC were still trade-only, so I was thinking I might have trouble getting anyone to sell to me.
                      >
                      > No I don't fancy learning another machine language at my age so it'll be strictly "C", and I'll use as many of the existing hooks as possible. No point in reinventing the wheel if the wheel works ;-)
                      >
                      > Something else to swallow up my time, lol!
                      >
                      > 73, Paula

                    • javeaflat
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 6, 2012
                        Had a mailing from CPC today the Raspberry pi is free delivery if you order on part code sc1259002, in stock at 24-96 + VAT
                        Order by phone and pay by credit card.