Raspberry Pi and Svxlink

  • newarroja
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2012
      Hello eveyone,

      I've been toying with the idea of using a Raspi and Svxlink (http://svxlink.de/) as the replacement for our actual Echolink node.

      I've read a few posts from other ops who've tried that setup and it seems that although the program installs fine and even runs on a Raspberry Pi, most users complain that the USB audio drops out a lot.

      There is an article in german that seems to have had sucess but using an oddball USB audio adapter, taken from a computer headset: http://svxlink.de/?page_id=1606.

      It seems that the odds are on the USB audio adapter. I wonder if anyone here has had any success with a similar setup.

      73's and Happy New Year

      Paulo, CT2IWW
    • Michael Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2012
        Hi Paulo
        Might be that thr power supply is not strong enough. As sound demands
        current the voltage drops etc.73
        Michael Mi5MTC

        --
        Mick Mi5mtc