SOLVED - [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] JNOS 2.0j.2 on RPi: tun device problem

  • kd6oat
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2012
      Simple fix. I was writing in "TUN1" to the autoexec.nos in place of "TUN0" which had been used successfully on another machine. That was evidently the cause of the problem. For some reason, jnos only want's to see a TUN0 designation OR linux wants to see a TUN0 before there is a TUN1. At any rate, using TUN0 gets rid of the error messages.

      On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM, KD6OAT <kd6oat@...> wrote:
      Thanks Jerome. I tried modprobe early in my investigation but without success. IPV4 forwarding appears okay and jnos runs okay except for tun. I run it as root.

      On Dec 30, 2012, at 5:41 PM, jerome schatten <va7vv@...> wrote:

      Try 'modprobe tun' before you bring up jnos and see if that works.

      BTW... I've just managed to get everything compiled and running with no errors under jnos2j.

      Also... are you running as root?  Were you able to turn on ipv4 forwarding with
      'sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward'  I could not do it with sudo, but I could in a root terminal. Very strange!

      jerome - ve7ass