JNOS 2.0j.2 on RPi: tun device problem

  • kd6oat
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
      Hello all. I just complied JNOS on my raspberry Pi which is running debian wheezy. For some reason, when I run jnos, I get the following error message:

      tun1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

      I checked /dev/net/tun to make sure tun was present - which it is - but evidently the lines of instructions in the autoexec.nos file are not creating tun1 (the exact same lines work just fine under Ubuntu on a different machine).

      I've been running through numerous threads after googleing but am coming up empty so far. Any suggestions are appreciated.

      73~Ken
    • jerome schatten
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
        Try 'modprobe tun' before you bring up jnos and see if that works.

        BTW... I've just managed to get everything compiled and running with no errors under jnos2j.

        Also... are you running as root?  Were you able to turn on ipv4 forwarding with
        'sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward'  I could not do it with sudo, but I could in a root terminal. Very strange!

        jerome - ve7ass

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
            What do you see when you: 'cat /proc/modules'  with jnos running?   Mine says: 'tun 141719  2  - Live  0xbf071000'.  If jnos  isn't running the number after 141719 (or whatever yours is) will be a zero.
            j.