New Member

  • Ray Wells
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hi All,
      I'm Ray vk2tv and I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've
      been a licenced op since 1969 and for the last 25 years 99% of my AR
      activities has been related to packet radio - I ran a big (6 port)
      BBS/node system for near 14 years but with the decline in the use of
      connected mode packet I moved towards aprs where I ran a 3 port gateway
      for a few years. Since moving to a smaller location (I was on 25 acres)
      I've had to downsize a bit and also attempt to reduce my energy input
      requirements for the gateway. Those requirements took me in the
      direction of the RPi which is using dixprs to provide the gateway
      facility which currently has 2 vhf ports - 145.175 (VK national) and
      145.825 (satgate). 30m will again be added when I can get a dipole in
      the air. The 2 MFJ1270B TNC's will be replaced with TNC-X's as soon as I
      find time to build the kits.

      To date, the RPi has tended to be unreliable - working for up to 10 days
      before crashing with network failure. I use wifi to connect to my LAN
      due to the RPI being away from the house. I "think" I finally tracked
      the network issue to noisy 12/5v smps's. When I finally managed to check
      supply voltages with a CRO, one adaptor had a sawtooth output and the
      other had short, deep drops below 4.5v. I am currently running from a
      2.1A plugpack, the one that came with my USB hub. It has a respectably
      clean output. The RPi is powered from the hub and has now been running
      for 9 days so fingers crossed.

      That'll do fro now.

      Ray vk2tv
    • njoitke@juno.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2016
        Hello
        My name is Neal Joitke my call sign is KB8RBX
        This little computer is giving me a hard time. There is a book on the way I will hold off on the
        questions for now. Would like to make some thing coustum like a signal generator.
        AM FM Modulated signal 1-500 meg 1-200 microvolts out put.

        Neal KB8RBX

        Look for the perfect car
        Compare top makes and models
        https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/300121779;127046920;w?grvVariant=73876c1d971a37e7a160544c9234ca4f
      • w6ir
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 13, 2016
          Google is your friend while waiting for your book.

          I googled raspberry pi signal generator and came up with lots of links.

          Hank
        • L_KEEGAN
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 28, 2016
            Good Morning:
             My name is Les and I am just joined this group. I just now getting into the Pi world and thought this would be a good place to learn about them. I have one on order a Pi 3 with the TNC-X ordered as well.  so I will be asking a lot of questions as I go along here and set one up.  Thanks.

            Les Keegan
            N4LPK
          • cnovey
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 29, 2016

              Welcome. Just built and started using a TNC-X last night I love it. That is a BPQ station on Debian. I am now going to work on BPQ on a Pi B+/TNC-Pi combo I have.

              73

              Clifford

              KK6QMS

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 29, 2016
                Thanks Clifford.

                Les
                N4LPK

                 My name is Les and I am just joined this group. I just now getting into the Pi world and thought this would be a good place to learn about them. I have one on order a Pi 3 with the TNC-X ordered as well.  so I will be asking a lot of questions as I go along here and set one up.  Thanks.

                Les Keegan
                N4LPK

              • W2DEN
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 29, 2016