Re: anybody used the 26 pin socket for anything ham related

  • ferrymanr
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2012
      I would only comment that the serial I/O (GND, TXD, RXD) which are device /dev/ttyAMA0 are excellent for serial control of CAT interface or data. There is no hardware handshaking but it works very reliably, better than a USB->RS-232 converter. Beware that these are all 3.3V I/O and will be damaged if 5V or above as applied. You will need a level converter. A MAX3232 works well if powered from the GPIO 3.3V pin. You will need to remove this device from the /etc/gettydefs or it will only be available as a terminal connection.
      Dick G4BBH