Another New Use

  • Max
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hello to all. The name here is Max and my call is KG4PID. I just received my Raspberry Pi on Dec 24 so this is all new to me. My first project is to get it running as an Igate using APRX with a TT4 for APRS. Later I would like to add a second TNC to be an Igate for the ISS.
      I found some instructions here

      http://www.ke0md.com/2012/09/03/aprs-i-gatedigi-with-my-new-raspberry-pi/

      be was unable to get it running. I think there may have been some important steps left out. Now I do understand that as the OS improves some software will require slightly different steps to get running. After some digging I learned that most commands had to be prefixed with SUDO and I think it was the command "./configure && make && make install" that I had to login as "root" to get it to run because I didn't have permission. I am going to reload the SD card and start over and make better notes as to where I had problems. Two things that I was unsure about were how to install and use the "mheard" daemon and how to start and stop APRX.

      Is there anyone here who has installed "mheard" and APRX that could give me some help?

      I also have a Davis Vantage Pro weather station that is currently connected to a KCP3+ and would like to have it connected so that the weather reports are sent out via RF as well as directly to the APRS-IS. I'm not sure if APRX can do this or not.

      Thanks, Max
    • David Kjellquist