External Power connection

  • Robert Nickels
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012
      I finally did what I've been wanting to do and wired up an external 5
      volt linear power supply today, hoping to reduce the EMI generated from
      my cheap switcher. I found this method for supplying power to the Pi
      without using the micro USB or having to solder wires to the board, and
      thought it might be of interest to others here:

      http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/246/powering-without-using-the-micro-usb

      I just soldered the wires from my p/s to pins of a .100" header that
      slide right on the GPIO pins shown. At risk of mis-stating the numbers
      I suggest looking at the photo of the topside of the Pi - +5 goes to the
      first pin on the outside row and GND is the third pin.

      73, Bob W9RAN