Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] update on fldigi an question?

  • Rick Simpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2012
      I've seen mentions that some brands/sizes of SD cards are not reliable
      operating at Pi speeds and continuous operation. Some are sensitive to low
      voltage to Pi. Check http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#SD_cards.

      Rick

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2012
        That's correct!! The size , brand, speed and class of SD cards make a huge difference in the performance of the PI, I've been running no less than a 16 GB class 10 card....sandisk has been my standard. i've had good results with sandisk and I'm sure there others that will work just as well, I try not to take a change with bargain price cards unless they are on the list Rick Simpson posted!

        While testing OpenElec and Quake III I had to use 32GB class 10 card due to the graphix and processing demands.

        Power demands are just as important with the Pi.. a good usb is critical in the performance and longevity of the Pi. especially if your using several peripheals or a GPIO device such as an arduino. I've been using the belkin usb hubs with no less than 2.0 amps load rating. If your load requirements are going to be higher for ..say and Arduino a seperate hub or power supply is recommended.  I thought I had bad usb  adapter cables until I checked my amp load and found that I was exceeding the 1.0 amp rating of my Hub/power supply.

        The list has several choices and there even more available, I have one PI running on an Apple ipad wallwort usb adapter, it has low power requirements,,, less than a 1/2 amp @ 5v for running netflix...I call it my Apple Pi !!

        Happy Testing!!

        Rick/n9umj

        > rev 2 board with 512ram imic for audio using vnc Raspbian “wheezy”
        > coped cw an psk cpu was maxed but worked
        >
        > on another note i noticed some times the pi acts like there no sd card
        > in it but there is
        > has anyone else seen this?
        > 73 n9mfk

        <*> Your email settings: