Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] optimization fldigi

  • Michael O'Bannon
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
      John,

      I've tried two low-cost soundcards purchased on ebay.  The one that works is a no-name black device labelled "7.1 Channel Sound".  It was recommended by another ham on the Raspberry Pi forum.  With that soundcard, fldigi waterfall displays in Raspbian are similar in quality to displays of the same audio source by fldigi running on a conventional laptop.

      I have a higher quality soundcard on order, but it has not arrived yet.

      Best regards,
      Michael
      Michael,

      What soundcard were you using? And were you using the distribution with hardware floating point?

      73, John

    Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
      John,

      Sorry, I missed your second question in the last email.

      I'm using the most recent update of Raspbian which has hardware floating point.  BTW, the biggest issue with getting fldigi to work at all was not fldigi.  It was solving the problem of voltage drops in the cable and the poly fuses.

      Best regards,
      Michael  KD4SGN