optimization fldigi

  • Beau
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
      Hi,

      has anyone done an optimization fldigi for raspberry pi?
      thanks Beau n9mfk
    • Matthew Pitts
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012

        The Raspian distribution includes precompiled binaries for fldigi, nut I'm not sure if any of the others do.

        Matthew Pitts
        N8OHU

        has anyone done an optimization fldigi for raspberry pi?
        thanks Beau n9mfk

      • Michael O'Bannon
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
          I've been wondering the same thing. It would be a real service to
          hams if someone would work on this.

          Best regards,
          Michael KD4SGN

          > Hi,
          >
          > has anyone done an optimization fldigi for raspberry pi?
          > thanks Beau n9mfk

        • Michael O'Bannon
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
            After a lot of experimentation with those Raspian binaries, I have not found fldigi useful for receiving.  I've only been able to achieve sporadic psk-31 decoding.  The more processor-intensive modes don't work at all.  I really didn't expect the more demanding modes to work, but it would be nice to be able to use the Raspberry Pi for psk-31.

            Best regards,
            Michael  KD4SGN

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
              Michael,

              What soundcard were you using? And were you using the distribution with hardware floating point?

              73, John

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
                John,

                I've tried two low-cost soundcards purchased on ebay.  The one that works is a no-name black device labelled "7.1 Channel Sound".  It was recommended by another ham on the Raspberry Pi forum.  With that soundcard, fldigi waterfall displays in Raspbian are similar in quality to displays of the same audio source by fldigi running on a conventional laptop.

                I have a higher quality soundcard on order, but it has not arrived yet.

                Best regards,
                Michael

              Message 7 of 7 , Dec 15, 2012
                John,

                Sorry, I missed your second question in the last email.

                I'm using the most recent update of Raspbian which has hardware floating point.  BTW, the biggest issue with getting fldigi to work at all was not fldigi.  It was solving the problem of voltage drops in the cable and the poly fuses.

                Best regards,
                Michael  KD4SGN