BeagleboneBlack pitnc_getparams returns Com Open Failed

  • mukta_1172
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2014
      I have the same issue on two devices..
      the first device is running Ubuntu 12.04..
      the second is running Debian Wheezy

      when calling ./pitnc_getparams x x (regardless of supplied params)
      the error is returned Com Open Failed: No Such File or Directory

      both instances are configured to use /dev/ttyO1
      both instances successfully run linbpq without issue..

      looking for thoughts or pointers as to where i may have gone wrong

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2014

        You could have an old version of pitnc_getparams that doesn't support the Beagleboneblack. Unfortunately I'm away from home at the moment so can't tell you what version you need.

        But you could symlink /dev/ttyAMA0 to /dev/ttyO1 (or is it the other way round!) and use the old PI only version.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2014
          pitnc_getparams -v = 0.0.0.1
          pitnc_setparams -v = 0.0.0.2

          creating the symbolic link does work around the issue..

          if there is another version of these around I'd like to get my mitts on 'em..
          but this will work...

          thank you sir..