Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Premature PI shut down

  • Rick Nicholson
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 11, 2012
      Belkin also makes a 5v 2.0amp USB hub that will handle all of your peripheral device and only the power to the Pi.

      To protect your Pi and still have multiple devices, I've found that this has been the best solution for me!

      Rick/ n9umj

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 11, 2012, at 12:32 PM, "Elwood Downey" <ecdowney@...> wrote:

      Had similar problems here until I bought the 5.25V USB power supply and a decent memory card, both from Adafruit. Now it's been up for several days without a hitch. I've no association with Adafruit, I just like their stuff.

      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ