Re: Premature PI shut down

  • kc2eq
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 11, 2012
      Thanks to all for replying to my original post. My friend (AC2HE) had two different Vb PI's. one was rock steady right out of the box and the other one had to be replaced , twice. Some think that there is a higher failure rate if the board comes from china and the not the UK where it seems they have better quality control. In any case everything external was swapped from the working PI to the bad one and it kept quitting. Ergo, something was overheating or changing on the PCB. Light pressure ( board flexing), temp checks, freeze spray application,made no difference .

      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi folks.

        The pi port of BPQ32 is about ready for testing. There are sure to be problems with it still, but if anyone is willing to try it please let me know. At least to start, I suggest testers should be familiar with BPQ32, and have a basic knowledge of linux commands - this isn't really something for those new to either BPQ or linux to play with at this stage.
        The basic features are:

        Has been tested on Raspberry PI and Ubuntu running on a PC.
        BPQ32 compatible Node, includng the APRS Digi/Igate feature
        Uses standard bpq32.cfg
        Drivers for KISS, AXIP, BPQEther, Telnet, SCS Tracker, SCSPTC. I2C Driver for PITNC on the PI. Others to follow.
        Includes the BBS part of BPQMailChat (not chat).
        BBS Configuration and BBS/Node monitoring via a Web interface.

        The instructions for installing BPQ on linux can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm

        73,
        John G8BPQ