config

  • vegasman961
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 10:44 AM
      hello group here is my problem on my raspberry pi i down loaded a program for my ham radio but it is in hdmi and now i have a monitor  like  a small one but it does not take the hdmi how do i config the raspberry pi to vga to use my  monitor thanks
    • Simon Thompson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 11:36 AM
        You can get an HDMI to VGA converter on EBay for about $6 US. Make sure the adapter has the correct chip; some converters are only passive, but you need a converter that has a power function. I know this because I was faced with the same issue and bought a passive converter, and then a powered converter.

        On Wednesday, April 2, 2014, <jmsrandazzo@...> wrote:

        hello group here is my problem on my raspberry pi i down loaded a program for my ham radio but it is in hdmi and now i have a monitor  like  a small one but it does not take the hdmi how do i config the raspberry pi to vga to use my  monitor thanks

      • Dave Wickert
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 10:18 PM
          I use this one on my Pi. No problems at all.
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SM7O2U/

          And this is a nice smaller keyboard w/ built-in track pad that also works well with the Pi.
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENZRP0G/

          Both just plug and play.

          Enjoy!

          73.