Raspberry Pi to used with Icom Dstar

  • m6lsj
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2014

      Im a newbie for Raspberry Pi I like to used it with Icom 2820 and Icom IC-E92D I like to know what to get and how to connect,

      Looking forward to hearing from you and for your time.

      Lionel (M6LSJ)

    • iz5fsa
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014

        You have to install the D-RATS for low data communications.

        You can find info at www.d-rats.com !!

        73 de Leo IZ5FSA

      • Barry
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014

          Hi Lionel,
          A good starting point is:

          Make sure you get the whole link as it goes onto 2 lines in the message.

          Cheers,
          Barry.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014
            Is this of any use to you?
            Setting Up a Raspberry Pi for DStar - By Ken (KC) Nicely KE3C
          • k7ve
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2014
              Join Yahoo! Groups ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller -- check out group dvrptr_v1
              Look in Documentation folders for descriptions and install instructions.

              Here are some common options:

              Raspberry-Pi + DVAP w/ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller software
              Raspberry-Pi + DVRPTR (http://dvrptr.net) w/ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller software and 9600 baud compatible transceiver  (My preference)
              Raspberry-Pi +Node Adapter (http://moencomm.com) w/ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller software and 9600 baud compatible transceiver
              Raspberry-Pi + USB Sound FOB (very critical setup, not recommended) w/ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller software

              My company http://nwdigitalradio.com is working on an add-on card for the Pi giving you an AMBE3000 chip (capabile of working with D-STAR, DMR, NXDN, ... with appropriate software, we will be providing software for D-STAR ala G4KLX, other protocols will need to be community driven).

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2014
                Yes, thanks Paul.
                This is a good starting point:
                http://www.charlottedstar.org/Setting%20Up%20a%20Raspberry%20Pi%20for%20DStar.pdf

                By the way we can find out another good site on ircddbgateway yahoo
                group at:

                I'll post my solution when job has done!

                Thank you all, guys, for answers!

                --

                73 de Leo IZ5FSA