Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Yet Another Welcome message

  • John Hays
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2012
      Most of the distros come configured for UK English. The newer Raspbian system has a number of utilities in a startup menu that gets run on first boot. You can set the language and keyboard format then. It is callable once you have the system setup, but I am on Holiday this weekend throug tomorrow and don't have the reference handy.

      206-801-0820
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 26, 2012, at 15:29, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

      I am using a RF usb dongle for the keyboard and mouse.  The mouse works but the keyboard is problematic.  I replaced it with a hard wired keyboard and mouse and had no problems other than the default keyboard definitions were not good mappings for all my keys.  I tried several of the installed mappings and found only a couple really mapped well even though they claimed to support my keyboard makers.  I probably have the RPI powered by more than 5.0 volts and that may be why I am not seeing issues with USB.  Soon I will plug in my USB sound dongle and see what happens.

      Cheers,

      Alan – W6ARH

      http://mobokits.stormwarning.org/

      http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html