Re: DVAPTool - Linux - compiled for RPi?

  • w4oa.mitch@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2012
      I really don't want to bother him if someone has already compiled DVAPTool for the RPi and I just couldn't find it.

      I know lots of folks are using the RPi with the DVAP, but I need detailed instructions on how they are doing it. Are they using DVAPTool?

      Mitch

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John D. Hays" <john@...> wrote:

      > Contact AA4RC
      >

      > ------------------------------
      > John D. Hays
      > K7VE
      > PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
      > <http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
      > <http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>
      >

      > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM, w4oa.mitch@... <w4oa@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > There is a version of DVAPTool for Linux. Does anyone know if there is a
      > > binary of DVAPTool compiled for the RPi?
      > >
      > > Mitch W4OA

    • John Hays
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
        They are using g4klx's tools and using apt-get package. Start here opendv.berlios.de and join the ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller forums.  Documentation on Debian install is in ircddbgateway files section. Use the wheezy os image, not Raspbian.

        Since dvaptool is closed source aa4rc is the source. He is working on some arm stuff so he could probably build if people let him know there is demand.

        Sent from my iPhone

      • w4oa.mitch@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
          Thanks for the suggestion! I just subscribed to the ircddbgateway group, will see what I can figure out.

          Mitch W4OA

        • w4oa.mitch@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
            Got the DVAP going with RPi using image from Brian, GW6WTK, below, and configuration help from David K9RUF!! Works great, will try in car tomorrow on trip back to Alabama, (almost) no internet here in North Carolina.

            Many thanks to Brian and David!!!

            I made pics of my setup screens so if anyone else wants to try it, email me and I will send you a set of the pics. RPi's are back in stock at mcmelectronics.com (or were yesterday).

            Mitch W4OA

            www.westerndstar.co.uk/Downloads/DVAP+ircDDB+VNC.rar