What after PI?

  • jferrell_27283
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 5, 2014

      I am thinking about taking a giant step up from Raspberry PI by purchasing a computer that will be devoted to Linux. As a Ham I would like for it to do a lot of different things rather than a specialized box. I am inclined to do different distro's, use add on cards, multiple monitors, etc.  My exotic display adapters from the past are not well supported by Linux and lead to problems. It is best I go with popular Linux Hardware for now. I am not a gamer but sometimes their choices for Power supplies and such are worth the extra dollars.  It seems to me that all display adapters and hard drives are overkill for my needs. I have found that my HP all-in-one machine has limitations with display resolutions, speed, limited to USB and NIC adapters.

      From a Ham and a Nerd standpoint what would be good choices at this time?

      BTW, the Raspberry PI's are staying!

      John W8CCW

      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 27, 2014

        Ok, Tadd.

        Thanks for the info – I guess minicom needs stuff from the install to run scripts.